It’s been a few weeks now since the latest series of Game of Thrones came to an end, but still I can’t stop thinking about the action in Westeros.
Shamefully, for a book fanatic, I haven’t read any of the novels yet so I’ve challenged myself to read them all before series four starts next year. I’m currently finishing up book one…although this is partly so that I can find out what happens next without cheating and looking it up on Google!
Read on to find out what Game of Thrones has taught me so far…
- Never trust a blonde.
- Winter. Is. Coming.
- Short men do it better.
- The Dothrakis were right; it’s not a wedding without at least one death so you might want to reconsider that invitation…
- Incest thy name is Joffrey Baratheon. Proof that having sex with your brother never leads to anything good.
- Don’t wake the dragon.
- Beware anyone who uses black magic or gives birth to strange smoke creatures.
- Try not to get too attached to anyone. Or any part of your anatomy.
- No matter what BuzzFeed say, Walder Frey is not a better romantic prospect than Jon Snow. I don’t think that old man has had a romantic moment his whole life.
- Northerners are just better.
- Girls, if you can fight better than a man, don’t advertise the fact or you might end up in a pit with a bear and a wooden sword.
- It’s probably not a good idea to breastfeed your child if he’s also the ruler of his people, unless you want to create a monster with serious dependency issues and a propensity for throwing people off towers.
- If you’re outside the US, stay off Twitter on #GoT day, unless you want that plot twist from the latest episode spoiling.
- Don’t overlook the minor characters or you won’t know who they are when they mysteriously crop up and start torturing people.
- No one likes a derogatory nickname.
- Old men with lots of wives are not to be trusted.
- If you are approached by someone with unnaturally blue eyes, RUN! Or failing that set them on fire.
- Hodor isn’t even his name!
- Walls have ears. And not just the ones attached to heads on spikes.
- The iron throne looks really uncomfortable; is it really worth all that hassle to sit on it?
Are you a Game of Thrones fan?