Ever since I started this blog, I’ve been a little bit obsessed with checking my Google Analytics. It has always amused me to see which search terms have brought people through to Ten Penny Dreams.
There are some weird ones, some beautiful ones and some that make no sense at all.
So here’s a rundown of the top 25, spelling mistakes and all.
- amazing+race+hens+day – my hen party recap. The tyre race wasn’t that amazing; I’ve still got the bruise four and a half weeks later.
- books about nerd love – did actually write a post about book nerds recently.
- dreams about train stations – I’d like to deny knowledge of this one, but this photograph is most likely the culprit.
- dreams are abstract and never possible dear – what a beautiful search term!
- her broken arm – no idea why this one came to me…
- I cannot live without talking with you – lovely. I’m going to read this as you can’t live without checking in and reading my beautiful words on a regular basis! 😉
- Im in love with a book character – also wrote a post about literary crushes.
- internet creeper – stay away from me please.
- is anyone outraged by the final souther vampire mysteries book – everyone apparently.
- is Middlesbrough a dump – no, you cheeky f#@*!
- iucelandic fish and chips waiters – did mention the waiter from Icelandic Fish and Chips in Reykjavik in my post here.
- literature characters who fall from lust – that literary crushes post again.
- london underground noisy dirty overcrowded – must be my review of London Underground by Design.
- my wedding next year, but i am not sure 90%. because i have not been able to answer from her – this is my favourite, although I felt a bit bad when it occurred to me this guy might have proposed to his girl and still be waiting for a response. Good luck whoever you are!
- pennies dream volcano – This is Ten Penny Dreams and I might have mentioned the word ‘volcano’ in one of my posts about Iceland?
- people who listen to melancholy music – guilty!
- pictures of fashion models wearing random stuff – I wrote about a vintage fashion show I attended during Newcastle Fashion Week and Random Stuff of the Week is my regular links post.
- pictures of swear words – this tells you everything you need to know about the tone of this blog! But look hard enough and yes, you will find a picture of swear words in an early post.
- tom hardy “teesside park” – the only thing I can think of for this is that I once got a bit over excited to discover Tom Hardy regularly visits Teesside (his girlfriend is from the area) and had been shopping at Teesside Park that day. I tweeted and I guess it was briefly pulled through to the blog.
- university students degree “assessed against the” – should you do an MA in Creative Writing?
- whats a smoggie accent – just listen to someone from Middlesbrough speak. Try Steph McGovern from BBC Breakfast, her accent seems to cause outrage in some people.
- when thinking becomes a chore – get a grip.
- why is middlesbrough so bad – it’s not, see above.
- women feeling the rain and playing with bubbles – erm…
- you might be a smoggie if – you come from Middlesbrough. End of.
So, any fellow bloggers reading this, I’d love to hear about some of your most bizarre search results. Leave me a note in the comments!