It’s the Bank Holiday weekend so I’m super excited to have an extra sleep in tomorrow. Rock ‘n’ roll, huh?!
- Do you remember the Dunkirk scene from Atonement? Well that was filmed on the beach at Redcar, just up the road from where I live. Recently the Council have revamped the seafront with a new vertical pier. Unfortunately it’s been nominated as one of Britain’s ugliest buildings.
- The founder of the Everyday Sexism Project wrote this open letter to the editor of The Sun about the negative effect Page 3 has on women.
- I know my brain is fried at the moment because I’ll look back at something I’ve just typed and discover apostrophes all over the bloody place. Gah! Check out these apostrophe haikus.
- Art made from books anyone?
- This week I discovered the bookshelfies tumblr.
- I love these photos that make amazing use of colour.
- The Maldives is a dream holiday destination for many, but just where does all the rubbish produced by the tourist industry go? You might not like the answer.
- These overexcited dogs are just so cute!
- Margaret Atwood has a new book out soon. Read one of her latest interviews here.
Have a great week!