I don’t usually blog on Mondays, but today I’m writing a bonus post because it’s my one year blogoversary! That’s right; I’ve been blogging for one whole year.
The last year has gone by ridiculously quickly, but I’m proud of myself for sticking with this blogging malarkey and posting regularly. Some days it’s been hard and I’ve had zero motivation, but it’s been worth it to push through and keep writing.
If you want to go back and check out my first ever post, you can find it here. The shame…hopefully things have improved a bit since then!
Starting a blog has been a huge learning curve, both with my writing and the techie side of things and there are still plenty of improvements to make.
I also want to say a special thank you to all of you lovely readers, it means a lot to me that you take time out of your busy lives to visit this blog, leave comments and follow me on social media. If you’ve been reading for a while but never left a comment, do say hello sometime, I’d love the opportunity to get to know a few more of you.
Anniversaries are a time for reflection; I’ve been looking back over Ten Penny Dreams to compile a list of my favourite posts.
- I think my all time favourite post has to be my Manifesto for Dreamers, because it’s really personal to me and gave me the opportunity to consider what I love about being creative.
- An old one, in this post I talk about why I find travelling by train so inspiring.
- On why writing is hard – hopefully any of the writers among us will identify with this post! When I wrote this I was actually really struggling for an idea so I just opened my mind and started writing; this is what appeared on the page.
- A reflection on a good friend’s hen party and what it taught me about friendship.
- Regular readers will know I’m a Middlesbrough girl and have been developing my So I’m a Smoggie series for a few months now, highlighting some of the positive things about my hometown. This post is a roundup of the month I spent taking photos of places around the Boro and sharing them on Instagram. I’m pretty proud of some of these images.
It’s not technically a post, but you can also check out my Inspirations series and find out some of the things that I adore and that influence my creative work.
I’ve got a lot of plans for the blog over the next year, so hopefully you’ll all come along for the ride and help me make the website even better!