Last week, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Chloe from the brand new blog Hello Chloe Posts.
I’ve heard of the Liebster Award, but didn’t know too much about it so I had to do a bit of research. Basically the Liebster is an award that bloggers share online; one blogger receives it from another and they then pass it on to somebody else.
The exact rules have become a little murky over time; I managed to find a few variations. So I’m going with the following:
- Link back to the person who awarded you the Liebster.
- Answer the 11 questions assigned by the awarding blogger.
- Pass the Liebster on to another five deserving bloggers who have less than 1,000 followers.
- Set 11 questions for them to answer and let them know that you have chosen them.
So, here we go…
1. Describe your day in one word.
2. What has been the best moment of your blogging journey?
Meeting other amazing bloggers and every time someone sends me a lovely message about my blog.
3. If you could give new bloggers one tip, what would it be?
Dream big and be professional from the beginning, no matter how small your blog is.
4. Do you have any blogging regrets?
Comparing myself too much to other bloggers, especially those with bigger, more successful blogs that have been around longer than mine.
5. What is your favourite season to dress for?
6. In terms of make-up, what’s your favourite, eyes or lips? And why?
Eyes, because mine are better than my lips. Plus I hate the taste of lipstick!
7. What is your favourite make-up brand and why?
Don’t have one.
8. What’s your best skin care tip?
Take off your makeup at night.
9. Do you have any favourite quotes? What are they?
Yes, it’s a quote by Jack Kerouac from his novel, On the Road. It goes like this:
“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”
10. What is your favourite book and why?
The Crow Road by Iain Banks, because the story, characters and writing are all intricate and surprising. It helped shape my love of writing.
11. Favourite time of day?
I love it late at night when everyone else is asleep and I’m awake feeling inspired and writing.
After heading down to London on Monday for a reunion with some of The Blogcademy girls, I thought it was only fair to nominate a few of them. The Blogcademy has not only introduced me to some of my favourite blogs, but some fantastic, inspiring and creative women who deserve tons of recognition for their work.
- Amy from Disguised by Zebras
- Anita from Trawlergirl
- Emily from Fishee Designs
- Lucy from Lucy J Loves
- Xandra from Fashionably Light
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What is your favourite aspect of your blog?
- What is your favourite pastime, apart from blogging?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Do you prefer book or film?
- Sweet or savoury?
- Sunshine or snow?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What’s your star sign?
- Who is your blogging hero?
Ladies, if you choose to accept the award I’d love to read your posts!