- We need to stop making excuses for not reading as much as we would like. This resonated with me!
- I reviewed the brilliant Station Eleven recently and this interview with the author really gives an insight into the post-apocalyptic world she created.
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree.
- I loved this piece on using NaNoWriMo to get inspired, even if you’re not taking part. I definitely need a national novel editing month!
- Speaking of NaNoWriMo, if you’re taking part, here are some tips on making your opening great.
- I would love to visit the rare book and manuscript library at Yale University.
- As usual, Chuck Wendig nails it with his insights on why writing can be magical. And it’s not for the reason you might think.
- In praise of literary failure.
- Minimalism, success and the curious writing habits of George R.R. Martin.
Have a great week!