The other day I was reading an article by Gala Darling about figuring out what you want from life. But instead of writing about the things you’d like to achieve, she suggested coming up with a list of things that you don’t want or have time for in your life.
Remove the negative and make room for the positive.
Hence, the ‘Fuck that’ list.
It got me thinking about some of the things I’d like to banish from my life (quite a lot at the moment, actually!)
So I’m saying ‘fuck that’ to…
- Reading the crappy news articles or celebrity gossip when I could be reading a book.
- Giving myself a hard time over ridiculous things, or things that are out of my control.
- Feeling guilty for skipping the occasional workout.
- The comments section.
- Second guessing my decisions.
- Being too scared to start.
- Wishing I was thinner/glossier/better looking and allowing it to bring me down.
- Focusing on flaws instead of achievements or positives.
- Dwelling on the past.
- Spending weekends on the sofa wishing I was out having fun, and then wishing I was home relaxing whenever I have plans.
- Allowing my mind to immediately jump to the worst possible scenario.
- Not going after what I want.
- Worrying that I’m not good enough.
- Other people’s negative opinions that have absolutely nothing to do with me or my life.
- Not going to gigs.
- Caring too much about what other people think.
- Waiting for external validation.
What are the things you’d get rid of if you had the chance?