One of the things that used to appear regularly on this blog was my Sunday link round up, Random Stuff of the Week.
After over three years of collecting links every week, I decided to ditch the series at the end of last year. But recently, I’ve been missing it. It’s helped that I’ve read some really interesting posts over the last few weeks that I want to share.
So I’ve decided to bring it back as an occasional thing, perhaps a monthly round up rather than a weekly one.
Here’s a few of the articles I’ve enjoyed recently…
- We are the only ones stopping ourselves from truly living as writers. This was a thought-provoking read and I urge anyone who writes to check it out. It made me think a lot about the privileges I take for granted.
- Have you ever wondered who is behind the Google doodles and whether it’s a full-time job? This interview will give you some answers!
- If I was going to run a hotel, it would look a lot like this beautiful literary one in Portugal.
- What it’s like to experience an emergency landing.
- These literary quotes are just beautiful – read them when you’re feeling lost.
The trailer for the new Trainspotting film came out recently and it is perfect (as is Jonny Lee Miller). Ewan McGregor’s voiceover again captures the zeitgeist: “Choose life. Choose Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and hope that someone, somewhere cares.”
Can’t wait to watch the film!